|If only.... mock cover using art by Paul Dainton from the amazing Artstation ILM Challenge|
Firing up a new Star Wars campaign, both locally and on G+. I've never run a Bounty Hunter focused game before. Should be fun. And bloody. I'll keep a running summary of each episode on the blog.
STAR WARS: THE WILD HUNT is an episodic campaign focused on Bounty Hunters during the Dark Times of the Galactic Empire.
The campaign is not tied to any location and will roam across the Star Wars galaxy— where-ever the trail of your bounty leads. The reign of the Empire is at its zenith, the galaxy cowers under its oppressive rule, and those outside of elite Imperial circles carry the greatest burdens of the Imperial war machine. The galaxy is crumbling under its weight.
Grim and gritty space sleaze. Bounty Hunters trawl the underbelly of the galaxy and must be willing to get their hands dirty. Very dirty. Their quarry is usually desperate, and their rivals will do whatever it takes to get the job done. There’s a reason Bounty Hunters get paid so much.
Violence, corruption, and survival. Do you have what it takes to survive in such a violent life? Everything has a price, and some things have a cost that cannot be measured in credits. How much are you willing to pay?
- CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS
The purpose of your team is to hunt bounties, but only a few of your profession are bounty hunters by trade, the rest falling into the job as their old career fell apart. Many different skill sets can give a team of hunters an edge over its adversaries. Just be sure your character can hold their own in a fight — a Str of at least 3D is recommended, as is some skill in blaster, brawl, melee, and/or dodge.
Some questions you should also think about while you create your character:
- Why your character has signed up as a bounty hunter?
- What’s driven them to this violent life?
- How long they intend to stay with job?
- What they plan to do with their bounties?
- What will it take to get them out?
- Do they have a code of conduct to keep their morality intact?
- Are there any limits to what they’ll do for credits?
- Are there targets they’ll refuse to hunt?
- How much will it cost to change their mind?
- What does your character do to forget the horrors they’ve seen, or maybe even committed?
- Have they killed, or do they only take jobs where the quarry is wanted alive?
- Has you character done anything they’ve regretted?
- Can they do anything about it to make amends or will they have to live with the guilt?
- What do they think of the Empire? The Old Republic? The Jedi? Even the rumors of rebellion?
The answers to these questions should help you choose your character’s Edges and Burdens.
- COMPANY AFFILIATION
Bounty Hunter companies have one of three allegiances: Imperial Sanction (Imperial bounties only, Imperial privileges), Hunter Guild Membership (Guild bounties only, Guild privileges), or Independent Hunters (freelance bounties, no privileges, no restraints).
As a group you’ll need to work out which Affiliation your team has.
Use the rules linked here: STAR WARS D6 RULES ESSENTIALS to create your character using one of the following character sheets. Given the scarcity of the Force during the Dark Times, no Force Sensitive characters are allowed, and only 1 Force Point can be spent by the team each session.